Location
129 to 160 of 359 results
-
Stadscafé Artisante (City Café)
Stadscafé Artisante (City Café) Dokkum
-
Jannum Church Museum
Jannum Church Museum Jannum
-
Ypeymolen
Ypeymolen Ryptsjerk
-
B&B Oan't Wetter
B&B Oan't Wetter Dokkum
-
Sloten (Sleat)
Sloten (Sleat) Sloten
-
Outdoor Veldboom
Outdoor Veldboom Eernewoude
-
St. Nicholas Church Eastrum (Oostrum)
St. Nicholas Church Eastrum (Oostrum) Oostrum
-
TOP Trynwâlden
TOP Trynwâlden Aldtsjerk
-
De Dikke Draai
De Dikke Draai Surhuisterveen
-
Boerderijwinkel Bezigh (Farm Shop)
Boerderijwinkel Bezigh (Farm Shop) Kootstertille
-
Regional Walkway Noardlike Fryske Wâlden
Regional Walkway Noardlike Fryske Wâlden Noordoost Friesland
-
Observeum | Museum & Observatory
Observeum | Museum & Observatory Burgum
-
TOP Oostmahorn
TOP Oostmahorn Anjum
-
www.countrygarden.nl
www.countrygarden.nl Ie
-
it Dreamlân ecolodge
it Dreamlân ecolodge Kollumerpomp
Direct boekbaar
-
TOP Earnewâld
TOP Earnewâld Earnewâld
-
Bootsma’s Poel Hiking Trail
Bootsma’s Poel Hiking Trail Twijzel
-
Holwerd
Holwerd Holwerd
-
Boutique Hotel 'Herberg Het Rechthuis'
Boutique Hotel 'Herberg Het Rechthuis' Rinsumageast
-
The Former Weigh House
The Former Weigh House
A look at old photographs reveals that the building looks even more attractive today than its predecessor. The people of Kollum have taken good care of this historic landmark. The weigh house was a public building where goods could be officially weighed. Its presence was particularly important for trade in butter and cheese.
A public weigh house in Kollum is first mentioned in the 16th century. That original building stood next to the Rechthuis (courthouse). In 1779, a new weigh house was built here on the Westerdiepswal, at the heart of the bustling waterfront. The wide entrance to the former weighing hall, where two weighing scales were once installed, can still be clearly recognised in the façade.
The pediment above the façade bears the coats of arms and names, added in 1779, of grietman (district magistrate) Martinus van Scheltinga, his deputy Focke Hijlckes Eskes, and Albert Luitjens, who served together with Eskes as church warden. The building was owned by the Dutch Reformed Church, which leased out the weigh house. In 1871 it was sold to a private owner, after which an official weighmaster appointed by the municipality supervised its operation. With the rise of the dairy industry in Friesland, the weigh house gradually lost its function. In 1895, the building was converted into a private residence.
Kollum
-
it Dreamlân holiday home
it Dreamlân holiday home Kollumerpomp
Direct boekbaar
-
De Leijen Nature Reserve
De Leijen Nature Reserve Rottevalle
-
Zwagermieden Nature Reserve
Zwagermieden Nature Reserve De Westereen
-
it Dreamlân nature campsite
it Dreamlân nature campsite Kollumerpomp
-
In De Wij
In De Wij Engwierum
-
Greenjoy It Bûtefjild
Greenjoy It Bûtefjild Feanwâlden
-
TOP Kollum
TOP Kollum Kollum
-
Grutte Pier Brewery
Grutte Pier Brewery Wyns
-
Beaches Nieuwe Robbengat
Beaches Nieuwe Robbengat Lauwersoog
-
Former Mountain Monastery Burgum
Former Mountain Monastery Burgum Burgum
-
Twijzelermieden Nature Reserve
Twijzelermieden Nature Reserve Twijzel
-
Blauwhoek Bathing Site
Blauwhoek Bathing Site Jistrum