Location
321 to 352 of 386 results
-
De Leiker
De Leiker Ryptsjerk
-
The WasWadpad
The WasWadpad Kollumerpomp
-
In De Wij
In De Wij Engwierum
-
Electrosloop Fryslân (Aldtsjerk)
Electrosloop Fryslân (Aldtsjerk) Aldtsjerk
-
B&B De Hoffstee
B&B De Hoffstee Minnertsga
-
Sint Jacobiparochie (Sint-Jabik)
Sint Jacobiparochie (Sint-Jabik) Sint Jacobiparochie
-
Schwarzenbergerbos Forest
Schwarzenbergerbos Forest Noardburgum
-
Beaches Nieuwe Robbengat
Beaches Nieuwe Robbengat Lauwersoog
-
Hindeloopen (Hylpen)
Hindeloopen (Hylpen) Hindeloopen
-
Pioneer of the Eleven Cities Tour, Pim Mulier
Pioneer of the Eleven Cities Tour, Pim Mulier Witmarsum
-
Campground Achterom
Campground Achterom Kollum
-
village crest
village crest Hurdegaryp
-
Former Mountain Monastery Burgum
Former Mountain Monastery Burgum Burgum
-
The Former Weigh House
The Former Weigh House
A look at old photographs reveals that the building looks even more attractive today than its predecessor. The people of Kollum have taken good care of this historic landmark. The weigh house was a public building where goods could be officially weighed. Its presence was particularly important for trade in butter and cheese.
A public weigh house in Kollum is first mentioned in the 16th century. That original building stood next to the Rechthuis (courthouse). In 1779, a new weigh house was built here on the Westerdiepswal, at the heart of the bustling waterfront. The wide entrance to the former weighing hall, where two weighing scales were once installed, can still be clearly recognised in the façade.
The pediment above the façade bears the coats of arms and names, added in 1779, of grietman (district magistrate) Martinus van Scheltinga, his deputy Focke Hijlckes Eskes, and Albert Luitjens, who served together with Eskes as church warden. The building was owned by the Dutch Reformed Church, which leased out the weigh house. In 1871 it was sold to a private owner, after which an official weighmaster appointed by the municipality supervised its operation. With the rise of the dairy industry in Friesland, the weigh house gradually lost its function. In 1895, the building was converted into a private residence.
Kollum
-
St. Anthony's Church Paesens
St. Anthony's Church Paesens Paesens
-
VIJFHUIZEN AIRMAIL
VIJFHUIZEN AIRMAIL Hallum
-
Alde Feanen Rentals
Alde Feanen Rentals Earnewâld
Tip
-
Terp fan de Takomst
Terp fan de Takomst Blije
-
Greenjoy It Bûtefjild
Greenjoy It Bûtefjild Feanwâlden
-
Thermen & Beauty Leeuwerikhoeve
Thermen & Beauty Leeuwerikhoeve Burgum
-
Landal Esonstad
Landal Esonstad Anjum
-
Eleven Cities Tour sculpture Aukje in Stavoren
Eleven Cities Tour sculpture Aukje in Stavoren Stavoren
-
Holwerd
Holwerd Holwerd
-
Eleven Cities Tour sculpture Aukje in Hindeloopen
Eleven Cities Tour sculpture Aukje in Hindeloopen Hindeloopen
-
Pilgrim-Hikers cabin
Pilgrim-Hikers cabin Ie, Friesland
-
Noarderleech Bunker and Training Base
Noarderleech Bunker and Training Base Hallum
-
Observeum | Museum & Observatory
Observeum | Museum & Observatory Burgum
-
Fogelsangh State Country House and Estate
Fogelsangh State Country House and Estate Feankleaster
-
Aardappelhandel De Jong farm shop
Aardappelhandel De Jong farm shop Ternaard
-
IJlst (Drylts)
IJlst (Drylts) IJlst
-
Dekema State
Dekema State Jelsum
-
Swarte Broek Lake
Swarte Broek Lake Readtsjerk